SQL Compare 10.2 patch released

Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
edited July 19, 2012 11:48AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Download from Check for Updates or here:

http://downloads.red-gate.com/checkforu ... .0.916.exe

Some customers have been experiencing problems with SQL Server 2000 databases and the new SSMS integration, particularly with SQL Server 2012.

This new patch release should fix those problems, along with several more bug fixes:

SC-5581: Command line now automatically uses filter file from scripts folder if one is present
SC-5677: /assertidentical now works with /report on the command line
SC-5332: Stored procedures referencing tables with a database name will now have better dependency ordering behaviour
SC-5447: Schema-bound views now no longer try to drop auto-dropped extended properties on indexes
SC-5647: Identity insert on table rebuild now works correctly with ignore identity option
SC-5767: Command line can now make snasphots from source control data sources

SC-5589/SC-4867/SC-5750: Images in reports should now more reliably use online images if local source unavailable
SC-5665: Keyboard include/exclude all shortcut now correctly updates selected object count
SC-5084: Saving a database to a folder via the file menu now works the same as deploy to empty folder
SC-5595: /makescripts command line option now works the same as deploy to empty folder
SC-5126: Ignore permissions option now does not add permissions anyway when creating script folder
SC-5267: Migration script viewer temp file support should be more stable
SC-5408: Rare UI timing glitch should no longer fail to dispose dialog correctly
SC-5520: Prevent UI throwing an exception in rare program closing race condition
SC-5678: Better error message when /scriptsfolderxml points to invalid file
Software Developer
Redgate Software

Comments

• I installed the new patch, but the problem, comparing two SQL2000 database, remains.
    The message error is "Specified cast is not valid." and appears during the phase "Registering data sources".
  • kcochrankcochran Posts: 1 Bronze 1
    nikolag wrote:
    I installed the new patch, but the problem, comparing two SQL2000 database, remains.
    The message error is "Specified cast is not valid." and appears during the phase "Registering data sources".

This is happening to me as well. I am trying to compare SQL Server 2005 databases, however.

What would be tremendously helpful is if there were some kind of log where I could see what object it is choking on.
  • I re-installed SQL compare 10 with above patch and both my SSMS 2008 & 2012 when trying to open SQL compare from SSC history, it says "it cannot update to the selected version because SSMS Integration pack is not installed.

How can I get this to work?
  • I also am getting this error with this version. I've submitted several reports but have not recieved any response. I'm comparing a SQL 2000 db against a SQL 2008 db. This was working fine in my previous version (not sure what that version was). I'm using the Red Gate Defaults for the compare. Not sure where to go from here.
  • I am getting the same error when I compare 2000 and 2008 DB. Reinstall didn't help. Does anyone know which previous version work?
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi ciro.data, gclarkjer and dbdmora,

Please try this PATCH for SQL Compare V10.2.0.1108.

The patch fixes an issue where SQL Compare errors with the "Specified cast is not valid." error message when attempting to compare SQL 2000 databases.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Eddie, will this also fix the SSMS integration pack for 2012?
  • This build appears to fix my problem. Thanks, Eddie! :D
  • This patch solves my problem. Thanks.