Data Compare 10.2 issue with SQL Server 2000 databases

Andrew HodgeAndrew Hodge Posts: 132
edited September 27, 2012 8:33AM in SQL Data Compare Previous Versions
Just upgraded to 10.2 of data compare and getting an error when trying to compare two SQL Server 2000 databases.

Getting an error straight away when hitting compare stating is_system_named. Any suggestions

http://www.ahah.org.uk/forumposts/sqldatacompare102error.jpg

Comments

• Sorry you're hitting this. It's a known issue and we should be releasing a fix for it in the next update. Our internal tracking code for this is SDC-1388.

I'm not sure exactly when the update will go out, but it should be in the next few weeks. I can send you a link to a previous version if you can't wait for the fix.
    Chris
  • No worries, glad you guys are still supporting 2000. Trying to get rid of our 2000 instances but 1 or 2 just wont die.

Please can I have a link to the previous version.

Many Thanks
  • Hi Chris,

I have also run into the same problem when comparing against a SQL 2000 database.

Would you be able to send me the link to the previous version and also is there an eta for update?

Regards
  • I am also getting this error please include me in the when a patch is released.
  • Just to update this thread v10.2.0.885 released on August 6th appears to have resolved this issue
  • I was still getting this error with v10.2.0.885

I went back to v10.1.0.229 and have not seen the issue since.
  • I just encountered this problem with a fresh install of the latest version. I was trying to compare a backup file from SQL Server 2000 with a live database. This generated the described error, but interestingly when I restored this database on the same server and compared there was no such problem. This might be suitable for some people encountering this problem, and suggests that there might be variation between the backup handling and live database handling (perhaps the "fix" can be copied between these sections of the program?).