Objects disappearing from Object Explorer on save

palomar24palomar24 Posts: 4
When making modifications to tables in SSMS on a database under SSC, virtually every save drops the object from Object Explorer altogether, and I have to manually refresh a higher node to have the saved object reappear. This can be quite disconcerting since it just looks like the object was deleted. Is this expected behavior? I'm a habitual Ctrl+S user, so it gets quickly tedious to have to do a manual refresh in between each save if I'm making multiple edits to an object.

(SSC 3.0.12.3695 on a SQL Server 2008 R2 database 10.50.1600)

Comments

• Thanks for you post.

I haven't been able to reproduce this myself using SSMS 2008 R2. Does this only happen with databases that you have linked to source control, or does it happen with other databases too? As far as I know we don't change the behaviour of the object explorer at apart from adding the blobs when the object changes.

When a new object is added, SSMS normally puts it at the bottom if the list until you refresh, but an altered object should stay where it is.

What kind of modification are you performing? Would you be able to post some steps that reproduce it on you system? Can you also send me the exact version of SSMS you're using?
    Chris