Application Name="Red Gate Software - SQL Tools"

cvillardcvillard Posts: 3
edited May 25, 2012 8:22AM in SQL Connect
I installed SQL Tools for Visual Studio some time ago but uninstalled after trying it out.

I noticed today that when I was creating a new project and working on th web.config that I find the following located in my connection string.

I removed this and updated my database and went back to the web.config and a new connection string was created with the same Application name again.

Can anyone assist with why this is happening?

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for post into the forum.

Sadly I am totally confused has to how you have the following in your connection string:

I have our SQL tools installed and created a new web project in VS2010. Looked at the properties for the web.config and there is no entry like the one above.

The only workaround I can suggest, is to locate the template that creates the web.config and check it's properties.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • I also want to note, after seeing your reply I tried a bunch of different tasks within VS and this occurs when I use a LINQ to SQL (dbml) document and drop onto it (from Server Explorer) a table. When I then view the config again, this line appears.

<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=SyncDB;Integrated Security=True;Pooling=False;Application Name="Red Gate Software - SQL Tools""
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />