Options

Question about 'Conflicting Schedules'...

SQL_ME_RICHSQL_ME_RICH Posts: 112
edited May 25, 2012 2:25PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
So - I'm looking at the cool timeline graph inside of SQL Backup 7, and it's a nice way to see the schedule I have in place for my various instances. One of the things however that I am curious to understand is whether or not my various instances are going to have issues with jobs that collide in scheduling? I have somewhere between 2 to 4 jobs that kick off, from different databases, at various points in a 24 hour period, on nearly all of my instances (DIFFS and TLogs).

To date - when I have tested out restores, they all have seemed to be fine, but is this going to become an issue at some point? Or is it just a cautionary alert to make me aware of the potential taxing that the PROC could experience?

As always - many thanks for any and all feedback!

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

It's the latter case: jobs that are scheduled to run at the same time are highlighted in the timeline as conflicting schedules to warn you of the demand on your server's processors and I/O. This may cause jobs to take longer to run.

Cheers,

Marianne
    Marianne Crowder
    Red Gate Software Limited
  • Options
    Thank you Marianne! I will plan accordingly.

P.S. This product truly does rock! The compression alone is a huge selling point for me, but I like the fact that this is more than just a fancy looking front-end. Nice stuff, and keep up the great work!