FillFactor Bug with User Defiend Table Types

NiallNiall Posts: 36 Bronze 1
SQL Compare seems to have a bit of a bug when it comes to User Defined Table Types.

If The Soruce and Destination server have different Index default fill factors SQL Compare adds a fill factor to the Primary Key for the user defiend type, this does not work as it is not legal on UDTs.

Ie Source server has default fillfactor = 90%, Target server has fillfactor =80%

SQL Compare generates

CREATE TYPE [SomeSchema].[SomeType] AS TABLE
(
[PrimaryKeyCol] [bigint] NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ([PrimaryKeyCol]) WITH (FILLFACTOR=90)
)
GO

This errors.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 36 Bronze 1
    Niall wrote:
    Ie Source server has default fillfactor = 90%, Target server has fillfactor =80%

Actually it seems the Fillfactor setting gets added even when both the Source and Target have the same setting.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately I am not able to recreate your issue using SQL Compare V10.1.0.102 and SQL Server version 10.0.4064 for both the source and target servers.

Source Server fill factor is set to default value of 90 and the target server was modified to use a fill factor of 80.

What version of SQL Compare are you using?
    What version of SQL Server are you using for both source and target?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • NiallNiall Posts: 36 Bronze 1
    What version of SQL Compare are you using?

What version of SQL Server are you using for both source and target?

10.50.2811 (SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6)
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Sorry for the delay in replying back to you, it took longer than expected to create a test machine with two instances of SQL 2008 R2 and then apply SP1 and CU6 respectively.

Unfortunately I am still unable to replicate your reported fault symptoms.

So I can continue further with my investigations, would it be possible for you to generate a SQL Compare snapshot of both the source and target databases?

If the answer is yes, can you please attach the resulting *.snp files to an e-mail with the following call reference number in the subject field of the e-mail - F0059596. Please send the e-mail to support@red-gate.com.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com