Options

Check in static Data only first time and don't check it more

dolivadoliva Posts: 6
Hi

I added to my source Control my databases with the static data to the source control(TFS) now how my table are big every time SQL SOurce Control is Checking for change look like is checking the data too and is taking a lot of time. How can i configure to check everything else and not the data?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for your post.

Currently I don't think you can do this; but I think in the next release we're hoping to add an option where you can ignore certain tables for data. This would leave the data already checked in, instead of deleting it which an unlink would do.

Keep an eye on check for updates in the next couple of weeks
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    csmithcsmith Posts: 138 Bronze 1
    Hi

We’ve recently added a configuration file option to allow users to turn off Data Comparisons in SQL Source Control. This is available in the latest version that you can get by going to the Check For Updates item on SQL Source Control's Help menu.

To turn data comparisons off you need to do the following:
    1. Close SSMS.
    2. Open the following file - C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 3\ RedGate_SQLSourceControl_Engine_EngineOptions.xml
    3. Add the following IgnoreDataDirectory tag inside the EngineOpions tag:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16" standalone="yes"?>
    <!---->
    <EngineOptions version="2" type="EngineOptions">
    <IgnoreDataDirectory>true</IgnoreDataDirectory>
    </EngineOptions>
    4. Save file and restart SSMS.

Of course, you will have to change the 'IgnoreDataDirectory' value to be 'false' if you want to start comparing Data again.

Please let me know if this process works ok for you - and if you would like to see this option added to the user interface somewhere.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Divisional Development Lead
    Redgate Software