Options

Scheduled Restore Jobs

tleblanctleblanc Posts: 17 Bronze 2
edited May 8, 2012 9:59AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
First of all, THANKS for building this into 7.0!

I'm restoring a back-up of our production database to a different server and with the previous version I used the work-around of using SQL Server Agent job calling SQB and then executing other scripts to adopt orphaned users and do some other clean-up.
The new Scheduled Restore Job tells me that I have orphaned users but that's as far as it goes. What is the recommendation here? Should I stick with the Agent call to SQB? Can I modify the job that SQL Backup created by adding the steps from my old job into this one? Will modifying the SQL Backup job with additional steps cause problems if I then edit it in the UI?

Feature Request: add ability to setup these additional steps in the UI or provide a mechanism for us to get our orphaned users adopted (please sir, can I have some more?)

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

You can modify a restore job created by SQL Backup by adding additional steps (for example, using SQL Server Management Studio). As long as the RESTORE command remains a separate job step, you can then edit the job using the SQL Backup UI. From the Jobs tab, double-click the job to open the Edit Restore Jobs wizard. You will only be able to edit those commands which are supported by the SQL Backup UI.

Similarly, any existing restore jobs where the RESTORE command is a separate job step should appear in the Jobs tab of the SQL Backup UI. Double-click a job to edit it. Again, you will only be able to edit commands supported by the UI.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Cheers,

Marianne
    Marianne Crowder
    Red Gate Software Limited