SQL Search Toolbar always top-left

sgoodysgoody Posts: 2
edited May 12, 2015 1:49PM in SQL Search Previous Versions
Every time I start SSMS (2008 R2) the SQL Search toolbar is present on the top toolbar row and with nothing else on that toolbar row.

If I hide the toolbar, the next time I load SQL Search it reappears top-left.

If I join the toolbar to the end of another row, the next time I load SQL Search it reappears top-left.

Is there anything that I can do to persist the location of the toolbar, or failing that have it hidden by default?

Comments

• I have the same problem.

I don't want to disable the SQL Search toolbar, I use it all the time!

But it do want it to stay in the position I move it to, from one usage of SQL Server Management Studio 2012 to the next, and it won't - it keeps jumping back to the left of its own separate row, which is a waste of screen real estate, and not where I want it to be.

Thanks,

Mike
  • meklemblmeklembl Posts: 107 Bronze 2
    A minor inconvenience, but bothersome none the less.
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA
  • Same problems experienced. Are there any fixes comming?
  • I found solution to the annoying toolbars:
    Tools->Customize..->Toolbars->Select Redgate Toolbar and hit delete.

This will delete only toolbar, and they will no appear in the any more. However the tools remain in ssms, where you could rather reach them via shortcuts..
  • Hiding or deleting the toolbar does not work for me. Every time I restart SSMS, there it is, back in the far-left, second row. Very annoying. Any other options on how to remove the toolbar outright would be helpful. I don't use the toolbar. I use the Prompt menu.
  • I am having the same issue. Annoying but does not affect functionality. Is there an expected fix for this?
  • We are about to pick up work on SQL Search and will investigate this problem. Thanks for the reports.

Adam
  • Adam wrote:
    We are about to pick up work on SQL Search and will investigate this problem. Thanks for the reports.

Adam

So a year and half later it still does this.
  • gregsohlgregsohl Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    If we say "please" would you change this behavior then? Ideally a user should be able to:
    • Hide the Red Gate toolbar without it reappearing upon restart.
    • Add the individual Red Gate buttons to other toolbars.

Thanks in advance for adding this user-experience improvement to your already great tools.

Greg