Options

The database owner SID recorded in the master database

bdillbdill Posts: 42 Bronze 2
edited June 19, 2012 5:10AM in SQL Test
Error when adding a database.

X Installing Test Framework
The database owner SID recorded in the master database differs from the database owner SID recorded in database 'Database'.  You should correct the situation by resetting the owner of database 'Database' using ALTER AUTHORIZATION statement.

This database is a restore from another server, so I'm used to dropping and re-adding user accounts b/c of SID issues, however the owner of the database in question is a domain account with permissions on both servers.

Based on my searching, it appears to be having trouble installing the CLR.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks for your post. You are having a problem with your SQL Server because you have restored a master database from another server and the Security IDs are not going to match up, so you will have to reassociate them. You can check the ALTER AUTHORIZATION command in your SQL Server documentation or have a look at this blog post: http://blog.strictly-software.com/2009/ ... aster.html

(please note we do not take any responsibility for incorrect information in either source)
  • Options
    it strikes me that this is an odd test to run before installing this.

I can (and do) have databases on my system that have different owners, and the owners are not the owners of the master database.

The only reason that I can think of to force the SID to be the same for the Master Database and the User database is because of the CLR usage, which can sometimes run into problems if the SIDs are mismatched.

Is that the reason for this check? i'm curious.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    This is a question about databases originating from a different server so the point is, all of the database security IDs will be different as they are generated by another server. Again, if you have SQL Server questions, I'd recommend asking the SQL Server community, for instance www.sqlservercentral.com.

Thanks!