GUI falsely reports job in progress

degnoskidegnoski Posts: 3
edited April 27, 2012 10:23AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
A t-log backup runs every two hours for several months. Suddenly the job is not running but the SQL Backup V6.3 gui says it's in progress. This has been going on for several days now. SQL Server indicates that the job is not running. I deleted the job from SQL Backup but the gui still reports the job in progress. I created a new job to replace the problem job and it is running fine. How do I force the gui to end(release) this job?

Comments

• I stopped the SQL Backup Agent service and restarted. Problem solved.
  • We encountered a similar error today where it appeared as if a Txn log backup was still processing from 4 days ago, even though the job history did not indicate an error. I closed the client and opened it back up and it disappeared.

We are doing backups with VERIFY_ONLY. Is there a fix/patch in place to resolve this issue or do we need to turn off the VERIFY_ONLY option?

(SQL Server 2005 with SP4 32bit Clustered)

Regards.

Paul
  • hitsgdba,

Yous don't mention what version you are running other than the possible subject line.

We are running 6.5.2.9 and have this happen every so often. We even added a VERIFYINTERVAL parameter as we had been told it might help with this issue.

Chris
    English DBA living in CANADA
  • 6.5.1.9 is the version we are on. Here are the parameters from the job.
    WITH ERASEFILES = 3, DISKRETRYINTERVAL = 30, DISKRETRYCOUNT = 10, COMPRESSION = 0, INIT, THREADCOUNT = 7, VERIFY
  • I think that it was 6.5.2.9 that introduced VERIFYINTERVAL. I am sure that a Red Gate support analyst will confirm. It delays the time at which the verify process begins so that data in cache can be written to disk if I rememebr correctly. I also think that there is a later version 6.5.2.18 that may have other improvements for the verify process.

You might also be able to try V 7 that came out earlier this week.

Chris
    English DBA living in CANADA