Options

Running SQL Compare i get this message any ideas

Msg 2760, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The specified schema name "PR" either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your post into the forum.

The error message you are experiencing is from SQL Server and indicates that the object being compared either does not exist or the user running SQL Compare does not security permissions to access the object.

First I would check to ensure that you have a schema called "PR" in the data sources you are connected to.

Next ensure that the log-in account running SQL Compare has the necessary security permissions to view this "PR" schema and the objects within the "PR" schema.

This knowledge base article contains the necessary information regarding the security permissions required.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    I am a sysadmin
    I am running a schema compare and its failing on the script
    Could it be a dependecy not being run prior.
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply.

OK so you are experiencing the reported problem when attempting to deploy or synchronize.

One possible reason could be that the script generated has not generated the "PR" schema before creating the objects for the schema.

The other possible reason is that the you are only deploying a subset of the database objects, including objects for the PR schema but did not select the PR schema for deployment and unchecked / disabled the "Deploy all dependencies (Recommended)" option in step 3 Review dependencies step of the deployment wizard.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Options
    I have all dependencies checked and all objects selected.
    thats why i am confused
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply.

Are you able to confirm from the deployment or synchronization script, that the "PR" schema is being created?

If the answer is yes, is the dependency order correct, the "PR" schema created before the objects for the "PR" schema?

A support call has been created for you, the call reference number is F0059220. If the answer to my second question is no, can you please send an e-mail to support@red-gate.com with the call reference number in the subject field of the e-mail and attach a copy of the deployment or synchronization script generated?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd