Options

Unable to upgrade from 2.3.0.334 to 3.0

seanshannyseanshanny Posts: 5
edited April 3, 2012 10:59AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Downloaded the installer version SqlMonitor_3.0.0.1575.exe. Started the install. It is not prompting me to upgrade but rather to do a full install. Get to the web service portion, we are NOT using IIS, and the default port of 8080 is in conflict as that is what version 2.3 is using. Based on the upgrade article I should not have to uninstall 2.3.

What do I need to do in this case as it appears that the upgrade path is not working.

Thanks.

--sean

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sean

You shouldn't need to uninstall 2.3. The installer will install the v3 files as per a new install and it's only necessary to specify the existing 2.3 database at the 'Set up data repository' step. It will then upgrade the database to the v3 schema.

I think that the installer showing a port conflict is potentially a bug. The most likely workaround for this is to stop the web service (named 'SQL Monitor 2 Web Service') in the windows services management tool (services.msc) prior to running the installer.

Hope this helps
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • Options
    Chris,

Stopping the services did the trick. Upgrade went smoothly and we are now running the latest and greatest.

Thanks.