Who's messing with me, SQL Prompt or Intellisense?

njahnckenjahncke Posts: 23
edited April 3, 2012 12:26PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hey there,

On my system, running SQL Prompt v5.2.6.1, this behavior is growing frustrating...

Type the following...
SELECT
FROM
    <ONE WORD TABLE NAME BEGINNING WITH I> AS I

Pressing enter after SQL Prompt has completed the table/alias combo (cursor is currently after the alias I) yields the following...
SELECT
FROM
    <ONE WORD TABLE NAME BEGINNING WITH I> AS INSERT

The cursor is now on a new line after INSERT.

I've scoured the SQL Prompt Snippet Manager for anything that may be responsible, but that doesn't seem to be it. Any ideas? I'm going to try adding a snippet that replaces I with I, but an actual fix would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

I've tested this out with v5.2.6.1 in SSMS 2008 R2 and didn't get the same behaviour.

I have native intellisense enabled as well.

What version of SSMS are you using?
    Chris
  • Hey thanks for the response. I'm using SSMS 2008, but I'll be moving to R2 on a new system next week. I'll let you know what I experience following the move.
  • Hi njahncke,

Do you have SSMS Tools Pack installed as well? This has a SQL Snippets option, which by default has "I" as a snippet for INSERT and Enter as the snippet insertion key.

If this is the case then you can disable SSMS Tools Pack's snippets at SSMS Tools > SQL Snippets > Options....

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    This is also logged in the uservoice feedback (http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/944 ... -prompt-sh) - perhaps Paul's response solves that issue - I just found I have the SSMS Tools with the snippets enabled, which are now disabled...

Thanks for the post Paul.
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...