Enhanced project options

markcwmarkcw Posts: 13
We just upgraded to SQL Data Compare 10.

I propose project options for a new category called 'Comparison Results'. The options would be for the comparison results report only. This is used by us to export data value changes to a spreadsheet and given to a client to verify before applying any updates.

Comparison Results

- Show Identical Column Values as Blank in Results - default no.

I want to check this option so the Comparison Results will show blanks in the columns that are equal. When exported as a spreadsheet, a client can view at a glance what are the column values that differ. I have seen a similar request to export highlighted columns in the spreadsheet when the data values are different but this could be an alternative.

- Show null as blank in Results - default no.

I want to check this so the Comparison Results will show blanks in any column with null. When exported as a spreadsheet, a client would not see NULL in a column.

- Show Column Values when both are identical in Results - default yes

I want to uncheck this option so the Comparison Results will only show columns with 1 row difference in the data values. This would avoid viewing the Comparison Results and then changing the project table/view options to only compare columns when a difference from the last compare is highlighted.

Comments