Options

Visual Studio 2010 - Bug with Tabs

xdreamxdream Posts: 2
edited March 9, 2012 10:57AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
It took me a while to find out how the following behavior occurs but finally, I found out it comes from SQL Prompt 5:

If you use the SQL Prompt 5 AddIn in Visual Studio 2010, you may notice that closing the tabs with middle mouse click works as long as you just open *.cs files (in my case). But as soon as you open any *.sql file, the closing using middle mouse click on tabs stops working for all files! Then you have to restart Visual Studio to enable the middle mouse click on document-tabs again.

After disabling the SQL Prompt 5 AddIn in Tools/AddIn Manager and removing the SQL Prompt 5 menu entry, the closing works again for all files. Btw: You need to start Visual Studio as administrator to remove the addin permanently, otherwise you will have it again after restart or get error messages if you even removed the menu after restarting VS.

This is really a tricky and annoying bug as I always close the tabs using the middle mouse button... ;)

Thanks for fixing!

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

I was trying to replicate the issue but for me it intermittently work but yes it definitely affects.

I have logged this a as a bug in internal tracking system whose tracking id is SP-3780.

I will update you as soon as it is fixed.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    In my case, the center button has never stopped working, but it now always closes the active window rather than the tab I'm "clicking" on.