Help us shape the next version of SQL Monitor

priyasinhapriyasinha Posts: 548 Silver 1
edited March 8, 2012 11:12AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
We're currently in the planning stage for SQL Monitor 3.0.

If you want to help shape the next version of SQL Monitor, enter your ideas or vote for others on this forum.

We look forward to hearing from you.
The SQL Monitor Development Team
Priya Sinha
Project Manager
Red Gate Software

Comments

• Here are a few suggestions:
    I'm sure you guys have already thought about some of these.
    I have only been using this a little while, so there may already be some functionality that I'm not aware of?

Possible Reports: or links?
    Missing Indexes?
    I/O Usage By DB?
    Top 10 Statements By CPU?
    Top 10 Procs By Use Count?

I think it would be great to log this information in the RedGate Monitoring system since this info gets flushed after rebooting the server.
  • Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Reports: We do have some reports available already on our website here.
    Missing Indexes: This is currently not in product but we are working on Custom alert feature for V 3.0 release. You should be able to achieve it via this feature.
    Top 10 Statements By CPU/ Top 10 Procs By Use Count: This is already supported via "Top 10 queries" feature in the product.
    I/O Usage By DB: We support some database specific counters already in database overview. Pleas let us know if you are looking for something very specific.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • a little thing that would be very helpful would be to treat alerts kind of like an inbox, if I enter an alert I would like a previous and next button up top so I can easily scroll through alerts. Many times an alert will be raised multiple times, and sifting through them can be difficult when you have to keep backing up to the main alert page.
  • Brady1408 wrote:
    a little thing that would be very helpful would be to treat alerts kind of like an inbox, if I enter an alert I would like a previous and next button up top so I can easily scroll through alerts. Many times an alert will be raised multiple times, and sifting through them can be difficult when you have to keep backing up to the main alert page.

Hi, this is a very popular request and an enhancement request (ref: SRP-1953) exists for this.

Thanks for your feedback
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • cutiger93 wrote:
    Missing Indexes?.

I have an example v3.0 custom metric script for this which I should be in the "Getting started" document that comes with the EAP.
    Robin Anderson
    Development
    Red-Gate Software
  • It would be nice to assign ADS user permissions to one of the three groups, so that the user doesn't have to use a shared password, and it would simply log them in with the proper permissions.
  • It would be great sql monitor could be made a multi-user application as we have the need in our organisation to give other teams access to sql monitor but we want to give them view-only permissions so they can't fiddle with alerts and thresholds
  • rplescia wrote:
    It would be great sql monitor could be made a multi-user application as we have the need in our organisation to give other teams access to sql monitor but we want to give them view-only permissions so they can't fiddle with alerts and thresholds

You'll be pleased to hear that we have implemented a multi-user system for version 3.0. This includes a read-only user.

Regards
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • You'll be pleased to hear that we have implemented a multi-user system for version 3.0. This includes a read-only user.

Regards
    Chris

Sweet!