NullReferenceException SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender

cynicszmcynicszm Posts: 7 New member
edited March 8, 2012 12:09PM in SmartAssembly
I'm using SmartAssembly version 6.6.2.35 Professional to obfuscate components of a WPF App. which was working fine with an older version of SA.

Now when I open part of the system I get the following error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender..ctor(Guid userId, Exception currentException, IWebProxy proxy)
at
SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledExceptionHandler.ReportException(Exception exception, Boolean canContinue, Boolean manuallyReported)

Any suggestions appreciated,
Thanks

John

Comments

• cynicszm wrote:

Now when I open part of the system I get the following error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender..ctor(Guid userId, Exception currentException, IWebProxy proxy)
    at
    SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledExceptionHandler.ReportException(Exception exception, Boolean canContinue, Boolean manuallyReported)

I'm perplexed- it seems as though smartassembly is simply catching and throwing this null-reference exception. What happens if you analyse the report- do you get a stack trace with local values?
  • cynicszmcynicszm Posts: 7 New member
    I don't get a report. Just a message box with the error message above when opening a grid. The code base hasn't changed since upgrading from an older (working) version of SA

Since upgrading to 6.6.2.35 I've also started receiving multiple OutOfMemoryExceptions

Using DevExpress 11.2.8 WPF components and Entity Framework 4.0.

All the problems go away if I disable the SmartAssembly build task.

I will rebuild the SA projects and with the most basic options and see if that helps, and see if I can get a small project to reproduce the problem.
  • That sounds like a very good idea- I have not yet heard of symptoms like the ones you are having...