SQL Data Compare 8.1.0.4 generates script with syntax errors

I've had a few occurrences where SDC generates scripts (large scripts) with syntax errors in them. The syntax errors display after part of the script has executed.

E.g., after ~44,000 rows have been inserted, it displays this error:

Error occurred executing synchronization:
Incorrect syntax near 'GO'.
The variable name '@pv' has already been declared. Variable names must be unique within a query batch or stored procedure.
Incorrect syntax near '('.

is there a fix available for this issue?

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

I believe this issue only occurs when using the 'split transactions' option.

It should be fixed in the latest cumulative patch, found here

This fix isn't mentioned in the list of fixes, but that's only because it was originally reported as a SQL Packager problem. (SQL Packager uses the SQL Data Compare engine for the data part)
    Chris
  • Nope, this is happening for me and the Split Transactions was turned off. In my case I'm moving about 400k rows and seeing syntax errors. Which is really frustrating because these scripts take a long time to run. I'll try that patch if it continues.
  • I just saw a similar syntax error doing a data sync (single table) with 8.1.1.19. 10M rows of random names and addresses generated by SQL Data Generator - nothing fancy.

I had seen similar issues in previous version, usually recompare and resync worked after the initial failed attempt. This last time, I just used SQL's import wizard to copy the data, rather than retry via DC.
  • I have same problem with 9.0.0.117 while trying to sync 40k rows...
  • Thanks for posting.

We've reproduced this issue in tests now, so we should have a fix fairly soon.
    Chris
  • James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    A patch to address this issue is now available here

Could you please let us know if this fixes the problem?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Thanks for sharing the info with us! Just what need! I have the same problem with 9.0.0.117.