Options

Change to CHECK constraint not detected for commit

rpresserrpresser Posts: 11
I altered a CHECK constraint to add one more legal value for the column:

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[ACLs] DROP CONSTRAINT [CK__ACLs__TargetType__54A177DD]
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[ACLs] WITH CHECK ADD CHECK (([TargetType]='Brand' OR [TargetType]='ContentPage' OR [TargetType]='Product' OR [TargetType]='Category' OR [TargetType]='Site' OR [TargetType]='Subscriber' OR [TargetType]='Other'))

Then I went to commit changes. To my surprise nothing was detected as having changed.

SQL Server 2008 R2, Express Edition
SQL Source Control 3.0.5.7, Standard Edition

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post. I've just tried this and it seems to work okay for me- the only thing I did notice is I had to click the refresh button on the commit tab to force it to re-check for changes. Can you try that?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    Thanks for your post. I've just tried this and it seems to work okay for me- the only thing I did notice is I had to click the refresh button on the commit tab to force it to re-check for changes. Can you try that?

It appears you're correct. When I returned to it just now, it was marked as needing committing.
  • Options
    That makes sense. It performs background checks to help speed up the feel of the UI, but if you go to the commit tab when one of these is still happening (or the next one hasn't happened) you won't see your difference immediately. Forcing it with the refresh button will then show it.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software