Source Control 3 comparison options

I was using version 2 and it showed that I had about 6 tables with pending changes to commit (which is correct). I upgraded to version 3, and now every table shows pending changes, which appear to all be fill factors on the indices. Firstly, I didn't change any of the indices, and secondly, I can't find an option anywhere to specify that I don't want fill factors to be considered. How can I get it back to the way it was with v2?

Thanks!

Comments

• Can I ask why fill factor shouldn't be considered a difference for you?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Sorry, I didn't get a notification on your reply so I'm just now coming back to this question. Our senior DBAs set index fill factors based on analysis of production data. Developers make table changes and these table changes get synchronized to the production database, but we don't want the index fill factors synchronized from the development database to the production database.

Matt
  • You'll be pleased to know that it will be possible to ignore Fill Factor in the next release. We'll soon have a private build you can try out.

Kind regards,

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • csmithcsmith Posts: 138 Bronze 1
    Hi

SQL Source Control v3.0.5.7 includes a mechanism to allow comparison options to be configured.

To get this version, please run Check For Updates from the Help menu in SQL Source Control. This is a free upgrade for existing licensed v3 users and for users with a Support & Upgrades contract.

Comparison options can now be set via a configuration file in your database repository's Working Base folder. The following Knowledge Base support article describes how to configure this option:
    KB201202000521 - Setting SQL Compare options within SQL Source Control

Our plan in the future is to provide an options dialog to allow users to configure the comparison options that are changed most often, but we believe this configuration file procedure should help users in the interim.

If you'd like to see an options dialog exposing these settings in SQL Source Control, please vote on the associated Idea on our UserVoice site. It'd be great if you could also leave a comment indicating which specific options you'd like to see in the dialog.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Divisional Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Hello Chris, I thought I was going nuts because i saw I had 64 changes that needed to be commited into SSC but I was only showing 6 when using SQL Compare. My work for some reason blocks updates via the tool. Do you have a direct link I can get to the latest version or do I need to email support?

Thanks
    csmith wrote:
    Hi

SQL Source Control v3.0.5.7 includes a mechanism to allow comparison options to be configured.

To get this version, please run Check For Updates from the Help menu in SQL Source Control. This is a free upgrade for existing licensed v3 users and for users with a Support & Upgrades contract.

Comparison options can now be set via a configuration file in your database repository's Working Base folder. The following Knowledge Base support article describes how to configure this option:
    KB201202000521 - Setting SQL Compare options within SQL Source Control

Our plan in the future is to provide an options dialog to allow users to configure the comparison options that are changed most often, but we believe this configuration file procedure should help users in the interim.

If you'd like to see an options dialog exposing these settings in SQL Source Control, please vote on the associated Idea on our UserVoice site. It'd be great if you could also leave a comment indicating which specific options you'd like to see in the dialog.

Best regards,
    Chris
  • csmithcsmith Posts: 138 Bronze 1
    Hi

The download should be accessible from:
    http://downloads.red-gate.com/checkforu ... .0.5.7.exe

If that does not work please let support@red-gate.com know and we'll get an installer to you somehow!

Best regards
    Chris
    Divisional Development Lead
    Redgate Software