SQL 2012

Is it possible to install SSC3 in SQL 2012 SSMS, so that we can continue to work with our older databases, without having to maintain an installation of SQL 2008 or below?

Comments

• I think we've already been in touch with you about this, but I'll post here for posterity's sake -

We can't have full support for SQL 2012 until it's officially released, but we're planning on introducing support for Denali in a stepped manner. First, we'll support Denali database servers in version 3.1, and we should have basic SSMS 2012 support in version 3.2. When Denali is officially released in Q2 next year we should have full support ready.

Thanks!
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
  • Just to follow up on this subject, is there an eta for version 3.1 with rudimentary 2012 support?

I understand it’s still in RC0, but we have developers playing with 2012 now and it would be useful to start testing Source Control as soon as possible.
  • The dev team has been testing the latest release (3.0.5.7) by connecting SQL 2008 R2 SSMS to a backend SQL 2012 database, and so far it mostly works OK - you can certainly play around with it, although you might run into a bug or two.

As far as support for SQL 2012 SSMS goes, we're planning on adding basic support in the next month, so you ought to see that pretty soon. Hope that helps!
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
  • now that the 2012 product has been released, are there any updates on SSC functionality with the new IDE? We are hoping to perform 2012 upgrade on the 23rd of March...
  • We are actively working on integrating SQL Source Control to SSMS 2012. In the meantime, please use SSMS 2008 side by side with SSMS 2012. We'll update this post when we have something for you to try out.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • csmithcsmith Posts: 138 Bronze 1
    Hi

We've just released a version of SQL Source Control that is fully compatible with SQL Server 2012 SSMS.

The build is available via the Check For Updates... option in SQL Source Control's Help menu and is labelled 3.0.9.18.

If you have any feedback about this release, please let us know here or on our UserVoice pages.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Divisional Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Well we officially upgrade tonight so I will definitely be giving it a once over.

Thank you for the update and hard work on this...
  • I've just upgraded to SSMS 2012.

The installation left SSMS 2008 in place. After "checking for updates" from 2008, Red Gate Source Control appeared in the 2012 version.

Working fine so far!
  • mmooremmoore Posts: 36 Bronze 4
    andomar wrote:
    I've just upgraded to SSMS 2012.

The installation left SSMS 2008 in place. After "checking for updates" from 2008, Red Gate Source Control appeared in the 2012 version.

Working fine so far!

Did you do the UPGRADE or did you do a CLEAN install?
    Mark Moore
    Software Engineer
    NTS Data Services, LLC