Options

AARGH!

richie_erichie_e Posts: 9
edited March 19, 2012 12:40PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi

I pressed some combination of keys in SQL Server Management Studio (i dont have a clue what I did)

and it created this in comments in the Query editor window:

/*

AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA RRRRR GGGG HH HH ######
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA RR RR GG GG HH HH ######
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA RR RR GG HH HH ####
AAAAAA AAAAAA AAAAAA AAAAAA RRRRR GG GGG HHHHHH ##
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA RR RR GG GG HH HH
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA RR RR GGG G HH HH ##

*/

I wonder if some frustrated MS developer put this in.

Or could it be something to do with my RedGate SQL Prompt software - ive never seen it before?

Does anyone know what key combination i need to press to get this really useful feature working regularly?! :D

Are there any other quirky treasures the RedGate team have put in SQL for us to find?

Cheers
Rich

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post.
    If you check in Snippets section SQL Prompt --> Options --> Snippets you will find a snippet called 'yell' :D
    Kindly let us know what exactly you key combination did you used and waht output was you expecting.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    I know this is an ancient thread, but I just ran into this as well. It's not a problem, but I have no idea how I did it. I think it was a sequence of some of the following in some order: ctrl, shift, up, esc in quick motion (mis key). It definitely was not 'yell' tab.

It's funny when it comes up (2nd time ever), but I have no idea how I did it. SQL Prompt Pro 5.2.0.5.
  • Options
    From the query editor window, click ctl-space to bring up the SQL prompt window, type "yell" and hit enter.
  • Options
    terry-s wrote:
    From the query editor window, click ctl-space to bring up the SQL prompt window, type "yell" and hit enter.

Yes, I see that does it also. However, my key combination and most likely the combination of the original poster was not y-e-l-l anything. The 2 times it has happened to me, I was no where near those letters.
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen, but through a little trial and error, I figured out what the combination of keystrokes was...for me at least. I had typed "CASE" followed by a space, which brought up the intellisense dropdown. Next, I pressed Ctrl-DownArrow, which switched the intellisense window to "snippets" mode. Next, I pressed UpArrow, which selected the bottom item in the list, which just happens to be "yell". Lastly, I pressed Enter.
    Tom
  • Options
    gerhardgrimesgerhardgrimes Posts: 1 New member
    Thanks for your support if "I figured out what the combination of keystrokes was...for me at least" you would be more specific I would understand better.