Options

SQL Compare synchronize script issue

rgfriendrgfriend Posts: 21 Bronze 2
edited January 30, 2012 12:18PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I generated a scipt that synchronizes the testing database with production database.

Most of time the script works fine. But sometimes the script runs with errors. An example in the script, it alters a table to add a couple of columns, and right after that it inserts data into the table, then it failed at this step. I think this may because the alter table has not finished adding columns then the insert starts to process, although they are in right order, it seems the second transaction didn't wait for then end of the previous one.

I tried to run it second time, then it suceeded. So that means this may not happen all the time, but how can I fix issues like this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

Can you please reply with deatils of the exact error message you are experiencing?

This action will hopefully help myself and colleagues, identify the cause of your issue.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    rgfriendrgfriend Posts: 21 Bronze 2
    The error is something like cannot insert ....

I think my message is clear enough to show you what is the problem.
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your reply.

I can think of several reasons why the synchronization process cannot insert...

Hence why I requested the actual error message. If you wish me to continue to help you, please reply with the actual error message returned as to why the data cannot be inserted.

Sorry to be so blunt, but my Crystal Ball is not working today.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com