Startup error caused by SQL Prompt

CrispinHCrispinH Posts: 57
edited January 27, 2012 10:36AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I needed to log activity on Visual Studio 2010 so I started devenv.exe with the /log switch. This error gets thrown:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
Message=devenv.exe
Source=System
StackTrace:
at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Options.SqlPromptApplication.<Initialise>b__2(Object )
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
InnerException:

Just thought you should know.

Crispin

Comments

• Thanks for posting that- do you find the error is stopping anything working, or did you just observe it in the logging? If the latter, then it may not be anything to worry about but I'll pass it on to the development team anyway in case they need to know.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Hi Crispin,

This may be a handled exception that is caught internally and ignored. If SQL Prompt works, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Perhaps devenv wants to know the version of the assembly that contains SQL Prompt and maybe it's not critical for it to know this.

If SQL Prompt is not working, feel free to let us know and we'll update your support ticket.
  • It prevented the activity log from functioning effectively ie the activity log started but because of the error, I had to close VS2010.

The reason that I kicked off the activity log in the first place was that one of the (many) VS extensions I have installed was causing instability and I wanted to find out which one. I suspect that the instability is not being caused by SQL Prompt but something else, but I haven't yet established which something else.
  • Just wanted to let you know that this should be fixed in the latest version of SQL Prompt (5.2.2.1).

You can get this version by clicking on SQL Prompt 5->Help->Check For Updates, or from http://www.red-gate.com/SqlPrompt
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software