Sending all exception data via email

dnesterukdnesteruk Posts: 3
edited January 20, 2012 4:23AM in SmartAssembly
Hi, is it possible to get all the data related to the exception being sent via email? Right now, the email just says that a new report has been received, which doesn't help much.

I thought it might be possible to get my own exception server to do this, but you only get the binaries for the server and not the source code, so I don't think I can alter the default behavior.

Thanks,
Dmitri
Dmitri Nesteruk

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi, that is true - the email notifications are sent by the SA webservice so you can't really configure them. But the fact that you get the notification already indicates you have an error report queued up for download so you don't really need all the exception data in an email.
  • Well, actually, I do. The goal, as you probably realize, is to create a bug in the issue tracker for the exception that happened. To do that, in this case, I'd have the app send email to a special account which automatically creates the bug.

Is there any other way to do what I want here? I mean, the goal is simply to create issues from exceptions, and to have all exception data in those issues.
    Dmitri Nesteruk
  • Hi,

Which Issue Tracker are you using? We created a tool here at Red Gate to automatically put our error reports into JIRA. We've open-sourced the tool, and you can download it from http://sasync.codeplex.com/

If you are using another bug tracker, you may be able to customize this tool for your purposes.
    Dominic Smith,
    Project Manager,
    Redgate.