Decimal places for floating point and money numbers

MartinHMartinH Posts: 82 Bronze 2
Can I indicate how many decimal points floating point numbers should be rounded to?

Also, for min and max values I don't seem to be able to indicate numbers with decimal points. For instance I want to generate numbers from 0.5 to 10, but I can't enter 0.5 as the min value.

Thanks,
Martin.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Have you tried typing directly into the Min and Max boxes? Using the up and down arrows will not let you specify a min value of 0.5 but typing directly should let you specify a min value of 0.5.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • MartinHMartinH Posts: 82 Bronze 2
    Eddie:

Yes I did try this, but I typed 0.5 and in Spain we use the coma to separate decimals, so is should be 0,5 if regional settings are respected.

When I type 0.5 it is converted to 5. When I type 0,5 it is rounded to 1!

Thanks,
    Martin.
    Hi

I tested using V2.0.1.6 using a machine with German regional settings (sorry I did not have a Spanish machine available at the the time of testing) and found the following results:

When I type 0,5 it rounded up to 5. When I type 0.5 it worked as expected.

What version of SQL Data Generator are you using? Meanwhile I will try other means to replicate your fault symptoms.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • MartinHMartinH Posts: 82 Bronze 2
    Eddie:

I am using the same version.

I have recorded a very short video where you can see the problem, it can be downloaded here:
    https://zipsend.com/download/T2dkMFh1Uz ... fd835fcd47

HTH,
    Martin.
  • I can see the same issue on my UK based machine...
    Inside the Dilbert's world
    Thank you for your replies and the video was a great help.

You will be pleased to hear that I have replicated your problem. My bad, it helps if you use the correct data type to start with. I was using a decimal data type and not the float(n) data type.

Therefore I have created a support call for you, the call reference is F0056192. Also added the support call and forum post details to Bug Report SDG-668.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd