Options

Licensing SQL Comparison SDK Problem

mpaparellimpaparelli Posts: 3
I have followed the tutorial

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... c68944.htm

to register my .NET application. However, I have had one problem . Occurs the error:

"The Red Gate licensing registry is corrupted.
Click OK and then re-install the product. When you have successfully installed the product, try activing again."

I tried to reinstall the product in my computer, I tried to desactive the licensing and activate again, but didn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

I haven't seen this error in a while, so can you tell me the exact version of the dll's you're referencing in your project?

We have seen this kind of thing before when trying to active with a non-admin account, so I guess for an SDK project, that would be the account you're running VS with (or calling LC.exe).

If you're using the SQL Data Compare API, and you have the GUI for v8 or v9 installed on your workstation, can you try referencing the assemblies from there and see if you get the same problem?
    Chris
  • Options
    Finally I was able!

The problem was the VS must be openned in admin mode. Without this config is impossible to register a .NET app in windows server 2008. I advise you to upgrade the tutorial "Licensing the SQL Comparison SDK" with this information.

Thank you for your attention.