Could not find stored procedure 'master..sqbdir'.

xdaixdai Posts: 98
edited December 13, 2011 10:15AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi We have the latest sql backup pro install on windows 2008 R2 server, but keep failing on the last step: sql backup agent service failed to start, i look at the log

default error in SQLBackupServerComponentsException<>
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'master..sqbdir'.

please help. thanks

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please run the following in SQL Server Management Studio while logged in as a SQL Server admin:
    EXEC master..sqbdir 'c:\'

If the same error occurs, you'll need to register that extended stored procedure i.e.
    sp_addextendedproc 'sqbdir', 'xp_sqlbackup.dll'

See here for details on the other extended stored procedures that you could check to see if they have also been registered.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • after i register the SP, and run the EXEC master..sqbdir 'c:\'
    again, i got below error

Msg 17750, Level 16, State 0, Procedure sqbdir, Line 1
    Could not load the DLL xp_sqlbackup.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).
  • i don't see this dll exist in bin folder, so how could i add it?
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    It looks like the SQL Backup server components have not been installed on this instance.

It is possible to install the server components remotely on the server from the GUI, so you can try doing that first.

If that fails, could you please run the server components installer directly on the server? The installer file is named SQBServerSetup.exe, and can be found in the folder on the workstation where you installed the GUI. This installer needs to be copied to your server and ran there.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • thank you, the component wasn't able to install from the GUI because the 1st post error, now i ran through exe is OK. thanks