SQL Monitor Trial Killing My Workstation

thotvedtthotvedt Posts: 3
edited December 12, 2011 6:54AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I have installed SQL Monitor free trial but I'm sure I added too many servers to the monitoring configuration and I think it is overwhelming my hard drive. Now when I start the service, my workstation locks up within mere moments.

Is there a way to remove all monitored servers and then start over with maybe just one or two?

Cheers,

Tom
"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they're different." - Larry McVoy

Comments

• Thanks for your post.
    If you just want to start over, and you're happy to lose all the information and configuration you currently have, then the quickest way is to get rid of the database.
    Stop the "SQL Monitor 2 Base Monitor" service, and then drop the DB you were using for Monitor. You can then quickly re-run the setup program and create a new repository DB and configure it once again.

You can read some performance guidelines in the second half of this page which may be useful.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• I have already burned up my free trial, and the extension. Looks like a great product though. I think it could be very helpful.
    "In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they're different." - Larry McVoy
  • If you want to extend your trial further, please mail support@red-gate.com and we can issue a trial extension key to you.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software