Silently deploy .NET Developer Bundle?

I have a bundle program DotNETDeveloperBundle.exe and license key from Red Gate, and was wondering how this product can be silently deployed?

This bundle executable, when opened, already has checked ANTS Performance Profiler 6, ANTS Memory Profiler 5.2, .NET Reflector 6.5, Exception Hunter 2.1 and ANTS Profiler Visual Studio Add-in 1.0.

Can this executable be deployed with a silent switch and have the license key information parameter specified?

I have looked on this site and have found no relevant documentation.

Edit: I can run DotNetDeveloperBundle.exe /IAgreeToTheEula RG_LICENSE=xxx-xxx-xxxx-xxx but it does not suppress. I tried /qn but it doesn't suppress the GUI either.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Sorry Garry, the silent deployment is undocumented because it's not reliable/supportable and as you have guessed, the people who maintain this feature like to make changes without telling anybody. I think it may be the way "licence" is spelled have you tried rg_license?

Product development have also made changes to the "feature" over the years so you may have to add REBOOT=ReallySuppress and/or RG_WARNING=Ignore at the end.

Good Luck!
  • Actually, I can get it do be fully supressed if I deploy it via PDQ Deploy.
    However, there is still one thing that pops up the user will have to click on:

There is still one prompt regarding .NET Reflector:
    "This version of .NET Reflector is out of date. Do you want to update automatically? Yes/No"

Looks like I cannot download that and deploy the latest update separately.
  • I found this article here:
    http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... ll_msi.htm

Edit: This documentation doesn't mention anything about editing the MST/transform file.
    I applied it to the msi in Orca but I do not see any place to insert the license key for the product.
    Will try adding the Row+Value then deploying.
  • GarryShape wrote:
    I found this article here:
    http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... ll_msi.htm

Edit: This documentation doesn't mention anything about editing the MST/transform file.
    I applied it to the msi in Orca but I do not see any place to insert the license key for the product.
    Will try adding the Row+Value then deploying.

Ok seems to work, just had to add the RG_LICENSE row and the serial as value. Verified this is in the Help > Enter Serial menu as it has the key and a green checkmark next to it.
  • Well my method only works with a few products.

For the Reflector install, it still prompts to be updated, don't see a way to suppress that, or pass a yes/no to it.

For Exception Hunter, it doesn't appear to care about the MST transform file you call in the msiexec command, it just prompts up with the installation wizard.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Try the reflector forum here:
    http://forums.reflector.net/questions/1 ... r-silently

Don't know about Exception Hunter. I'll have to ask around or try to reverse-engineer it if I have the time.