Exception Hunter 2 & 3 both crash after done processing!

JafarKofahiJafarKofahi Posts: 3
edited November 22, 2011 11:30AM in Exception Hunter 2
I am new to this tool suite, I wanted to check our assembly for exceptions, so I loaded the assembly then I clicked the Generate Report button. The program process the assembly and takes some time processing, then when the status changes to "Writing report" or creating report. It freeze and after a minute or two, it crash with no error message. Windows pop-up a message box indicating that the application crashed and need to be closed.

When I loaded the assembly there were some 3rd party assemblies not located and I just ignored them.

I cant send you the assembly, company policy :( I would be happy to load screenshots but I dont know where to load/attach them :?:

I am working on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Jafar[/img]

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    If you are having this sort of catastrophic failure with no error message, check the application event log for error entries. There is probably information in there. More than likely the source of the error would be ".NET Runtime".
  • Here is what I found in the EH Log, mostly it was: Out of memory exception! although I have 6 GB and my PC was working fine even during the process so I am not sure if it used all the memory, is there a memory setting somewhere that I can change?

21 Nov 2011 15:39:21,800 [1] WARN RedGate.Util.LogService - Starting new Exception Hunter session
    21 Nov 2011 15:39:21,807 [1] WARN RedGate.Util.LogService - Version: 3.0.0.31
    21 Nov 2011 15:39:45,487 [19] FATAL RedGate.ExceptionHunter.UI.MainForm - Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)
    at Mono.Cecil.Binary.ImageReader.VisitSection(Section sect)
    at Mono.Cecil.Binary.SectionCollection.Accept(IBinaryVisitor visitor)
    at Mono.Cecil.Binary.Image.Accept(IBinaryVisitor visitor)
    at Mono.Cecil.Binary.ImageReader.Read(Image img, Stream stream)
    at Mono.Cecil.Binary.ImageReader.Read(String file)
    at Mono.Cecil.AssemblyFactory.GetAssemblyManifest(String file)
    at
  • There are some settings you can use to save memory. Have a look at Tools->options and click on the help topics next to each item and it should tell you what the performance impact is.