Change Default-Folder of Snippets

haefihaefi Posts: 3
edited October 24, 2011 8:09AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi
I have a Problem, with the Profile on the Terminal-Server where SQL Prompt is installed, the Server deletes the Profile Folders of Red Gate, when I log off all my Sessions. The Service-Provider is searching the Problem, I can change nothing on this System.
In the Help of SQL Prompt there is written about the Default-Folder for Snippets.
Is there a Possibility to change the default Folder?
It would by interesting to if there are more Persons using SQLPrompt to use the same Folder, so we have all the same Snippets.

Thanks
Grettings Adrian

Comments

• You can change the folders Prompt uses for various settings by editing the registry. To change the snippet storage folder, create a string value under the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 5' named 'Snippets Folder', and set its value to the path you want to use.

You can also change the options storage location by creating a string value named 'Options Folder' under the same registry key.

However, if your Terminal Server is deleting the profile folders, you might find that it also resets the contents of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, in which case I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the service provider to come up with a solution.

Mike Upton
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • phantastic, that works
    thanks alot
    Grettings Adrian