Forced to disable Tab Magic

johnfarisjohnfaris Posts: 3
edited October 19, 2011 6:15AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I upgraded to the latest tab magic yesterday and last night my PC did a forced reboot due to windows update. Today when I tried to open SSMS it continuously reopened the same query over and over again in an endless loop. I had to kill SSMS vai Task Manager. I then had to rename RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.dll to stop the add-in from loading and enable me to get SSMS loaded up.

If I allow tab magic to load the problem comes back. What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• Hello,

I'm the developer of SQL Tab Magic, sorry about this. Here are some things to try:

1) It might be the app install has got corrupted - try uninstalling it from control panel and then reinstall it.

2) It might be caused by a corrupted state file. Try deleting or renaming the SQL Tab Magic data directory. You can find this at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Red Gate\SQL Tab Magic

If neither of these work it is probably a bug in the software. If you zip up and send me a copy of your data directory (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Red Gate\SQL Tab Magic) to theo.spears@red-gate.com it should contain the information I need to diagnose this issue.
  • Hi

I renamed the data directory and that has fixed it. Would you still like to see the contents of the data directory as the state file must have been corrupted for a reason?

Thanks

John