error reporting - Store reports locally

xavierxavier Posts: 6
edited May 25, 2012 4:52AM in SmartAssembly
Hi,

I am wondering if reports have to be send as soon as an error is raised or is it possible to store the error on the client machine (db/file) for later use so the errors can be listed and send at a later time if required?

Thank you for your help
Regards,

Xavier

Comments

• Yes, storing reports locally is possible. However the stored reports will be encrypted, so listing them may not be useful. The de-obfuscation information is stored on your SmartAssembly client (in the map file and database) and so the error reports need to be moved to the client to be viewed.

There is an example project provided with Smartassembly. It should be located C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SmartAssembly 6\SDK\Exception Reporting\4 Via Email

You need to
    1) Save the reports using the SDK (using reportExceptionEventArgs.SaveEncryptedReport(fileName))
    2) You can then send the reports by a means of your choice.
    3) You then add the report to the SmartAssembly databse using the addreport command (http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... rtAssembly)
    4) View reports as normal using the Smartassembly GUI
    Thanks,
    James Davies
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software
  • Hi,

Computer with my software usually works off-line, but from time to time it is connected to network.
    Is there any solution that I can achive something like this:
    1. Save the reports using the SDK (using reportExceptionEventArgs.SaveEncryptedReport(fileName))
    2. When computer goes on-line - application sends all the reports using webservice, so I don't need e-mails and this command line tool.

Can I use webservice directly? Is there any documentation for its methods?
    Marcin