Options

SQL Azure problem - Database version not supported

splitpetesplitpete Posts: 8
edited September 16, 2011 11:08AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi,

I am using SQL Prompt v5.1.8.2 in SSMS v10.50.2500.0. I am getting a Database version not supported error. Here are the steps to reproduce:

1) Open a New Query on the SQL Azure database in SSMS.
2) Type 'ssf' and press tab then type the first letter of a table name
3) A list of tables appears, select the table name from the list.
4) A window appears that says "Notify Red Gate of this error". The error details are "Database version not supported"

When this window is closed, another one immediately pops up.

In step one, you can type any SQL statement as long as you select the table from the list. The same error will appear.

Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and we appreciate the requirement specified by you.

SQL Prompt is not compatible with Azure and hence the error.

Please feel free to add your vote for 'SQL Prompt Azure support' here:

http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/944 ... ?ref=title

And then the project manager can directly decide what category this requirement comes under?

Is there anything else other than this I can help you with?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply.

Is there any way to suppress the error window? If I didn't have to constantly close the error windows I could use it normally.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Hi splitpete,

This crash started happening when Microsoft updated SQL Azure. It occurs because the system tables and views that SQL Prompt looks for to gather information about DB objects do not all exist in SQL Azure.

We're working on SQL Prompt 5.2 now, and this release will prevent the crash dialog from appearing.

Please note that SQL Prompt doesn't officially support SQL Azure, although as the code-completion feature mostly seems to work we have left it enabled in the hope that it will be more useful than not.

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply.

I would like to be informed when this fix is available. I understand that SQL Azure is not official supported but I have been able to use it and it has saved me time up until now.

Much appreciated.