Options

Questions regarding license agreement

Hi

I am considering purchasing a license for ANTS Profiler. I am, however, having a bit of trouble interpreting the license agreement.

I need to profile an ASP.NET application, running on one of our development servers within Microsoft Content Management Server. As it depends on a lot of infrastructure which is only available within the servers subnet, I am unable to run this application locally (which is required to profile the application with ANTS Profiler).

As far as I can tell from the license agreement, ANTS Profiler cannot be simultaneously installed on two separate machines (my workstation and the server).

If I were in possesion of a single license for ANTS Profiler, would it be in accordance with the license agreement to

- uninstall ANTS Profiler from my workstation
- install it on the server
- profile the ASP.NET application on the server
- uninstall ANTS Profiler from the server
- reinstall it on my workstation

provided that I was the only person using the profiler?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

The intent of the licensing is that only one user uses the software at any given time. That means that you could have it installed on a laptop, home PC, and work PC all at the same time without having to 'shuffle' the software by installing and uninstalling it. At any rate, it wouldn't help, because the product activations remain permanent and the activation server is none the wiser to that fact that you'd uninstalled it!

So feel free to install the software on your server and client computers. As long as you are the only person using either or both copies at any time, you will be compliant.

Please let me know if this brings up any further issues!