Options

Tab Magic - SQL Query Keeper has encountered a problem

rrerre Posts: 42 Bronze 2
edited September 4, 2011 5:33AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I have installed the new feature of SQL Tab Magic EAP ( http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-de ... qltabmagic ).
After that I get an error message every time on opening any maintenance plan.

I get different error messages like "The given key was not present in the dictionary" or "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

The error message appears also if I switch from the maintenance plan to another tab of the SSMS.

The "Send Error Report" features I have used already to inform you about the the exception. Did you get this error message? Could you help me?

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

I'm the developer of SQL Tab Magic. Sorry for the errors you've run in to, and thanks for reporting them. I've received the error reports you sent in, and I think I've fixed the issues you mentioned. I'll try to release a new version that includes the fixes later this week.

Theo
  • Options
    jermyjermy Posts: 11 New member
    Got it too, when I'm working on OLAP db (browse the cube and expand/collapse objects in the object browser)
  • Options
    "The given key is not present in the dictionary"

I don't know why, I am even only connecting to a new server and I have this error.

I am always sending the error message to you.

What should I do meanwhile? It is getting annoying...

Regards,
    Abraham
  • Options
    theo wrote:
    Hello,

I'm the developer of SQL Tab Magic. Sorry for the errors you've run in to, and thanks for reporting them. I've received the error reports you sent in, and I think I've fixed the issues you mentioned. I'll try to release a new version that includes the fixes later this week.

Theo

Hi Theo,

I getting also errors when I open an XML file and then move to another Tab.

Is there an estimation when will you release a fix?
    Can I disable the Tab Magic w/o uninstall it?

THNX
    Jermy
  • Options
    Hi,

Another issue:
    closed XMLs always opened when I start SSMS, although I had un-checked the option to re-open closed tabs on startup.

BTW,

The error I've just mentioned when moving from XML Tab is:

Tab Magic - SQL Query Keeper has encountered a problem.
    We are sorry...
    ===========
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

THNX

Jermy