Options

Localization DLLs

DavidDespresDavidDespres Posts: 4
edited December 15, 2011 3:28PM in SmartAssembly
Greetings,

When I deploy my application that has been obfuscated by SA 6.0 it will not load the localized resources at runtime, but keeps the original language it was obfuscated with. The application is a Windows .NET Form that has the localizable property set. If I drop the un-obfuscated .EXE it will load the localized resource file just fine.

What am I missing to get this to work properly?

Thanks for your time an consideration.
David Despres

Comments

• Options
    Satellite Assemblies should be handled by later versions of Smart Assembly
    What version are you using ?
    Thanks,
    James Davies
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Hi James,

Thanks for the reply and the version I am using is 6.1 Build 48.

Best Regards,
    David Despres
  • Options
    After building SA should show that is has detected and updated the satellite assemblies, in conjunction with the main assembly.
    Satellite assemblies should not be merged or embedded as that would break them.

It is also possible that the localizable property has been pruned. You could try excluding it from pruning (and obfuscation).
    Thanks,
    James Davies
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    James,

I tried your suggestions, but to no avail. Again, this is a .NET Form that has a property that says that it is localizable. That is, at runtime it detects the computers language/culture and looks in a subfolder where the executable is and loads the external resource(This is a windows thing and not something special I am doing). I run the un-obfuscated executable it loads the correct resource file. I run the obfuscated executable and it just shows the original language.

Can you suggest my next steps?
    David Despres