Options

Call SQLCompare API 9 via SSIS

LudwigLudwig Posts: 2
edited August 16, 2011 3:56AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi All,

I am having trouble getting the execute process task to run with redgates sqlcompare 9.
When I run the commands in the command prompt it works (create the files with objects compared).
That’s the command I run in the command prompt.
SQLCompare /Server1:PBSQL76I1\PROD76A /db1:HCHB_NEWENVIRON /Server2:PBSQL74I1\PROD74A /db2:HCHB_ALACARETRN2 >> C:\Temp\LogSQLCOMPLARM.txt
I copy it into the SSIS then it does not.
Executable:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Compare 9\SQLCompare.exe
Argument:
/Server1:PBSQL76I1\PROD76A /db1:HCHB_NEWENVIRON /Server2:PBSQL74I1\PROD74A /db2:HCHB_ALACARETRN2 >> C:\Temp\LogSQLCOMPLARM.txt
The Redgate executable is a 32 bit executable. The machine is on 64 bit. Could that be the reason?

When running the package for a short moment I can see the error given by the command which is different than the error by SSIS.
SSIS states:

[Execute Process Task] Error: In Executing "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Compare 9\SQLCompare.exe" "/Server1:PBSQL76I1\PROD76A /db1:HCHB_NEWENVIRON /Server2:PBSQL74I1\PROD74A /db2:HCHB_ALACARETRN2 >> C:\Temp\LogSQLCOMPLARM.txt" at "", The process exit code was "64" while the expected was "0".

The command prompt says something about an invalid character…
So I guess SSIS does not like the parameter in the argument above…

Please assist
Ludwig

Comments

• Options
    aolcotaolcot Posts: 27 Bronze 2
    Exit code 64 from SQL compare means "General command-line usage error"

Now looking at the error, I think SSIS has specified the entire command line within double quotes. Could that be linked to the problem?