option to turn off schema differences

dbowsdbows Posts: 5
edited December 21, 2011 3:40AM in MySQL Compare
Hi - Have used the SQL compare for a very long time and love it. I am excited about the MySql version. A few quick things that would help and are in the SQL version:

-Ignore differences in schema names
-Ignore difference is Collation
-Ignore auto-increment

Thanks!
David

Comments

• I would purchase this tool today if the schema names could be ignored.
  • Not having the ability to ignore schema names is killin me. I need to generate the script locally then run on hosted DB. Is there a roadmap for any of these features? I purchased a license and am getting nervous as there does not seem to be much going on as far as updates.

Thanks,
    Rob
  • Hi Robm,

Lionel and I have been chatting this morning about this. We both expect MySQL Compare to automatically ignore schema names. We are aware that the highlighting in the difference pane shows the schema names as different but that is not considered different by the product engine.

I really would like to help figure out what the problem is. Can you please email us at mysql@red-gate.com , perhaps with an example of the schema in which you see this problem and we can get to the bottom of it for you.

Thanks,
    Neil
  • Hi all,

Just to let you know we have implemented an option to ignore schema names. It is available via check for updates or on the www.mysqlcompare.com website.

Thanks for your comments,
    Neil