SQL Search not locate

CrashmanCrashman Posts: 3
edited October 9, 2011 8:38AM in SQL Search Previous Versions
not locate the selected results in the object browser, for example I'm looking for a procedure, and when they locate in the Finder, click the button select object in the object explorer just moves to the database, sorry but the english but my language is spanish.

Comments

• Same here, too :( Select object in Object Explorer just opens the DB-tree, but does not point to any object inside.

Installed latest version of SQL Search today.

SSMS runs with version 10.0 (i.e. 2008), Server databases are SQL Server 2005-based.

Any ideas...?

Regards,
    Franziska
  • Hi,

I've not been able to reproduce this. It looks like it may have been mentioned previously and could affect non-English configurations. We were unable to reproduce the problem in testing though.

Could you let us know:

- Windows Language
    - SSMS Language
    - SQL + DB Collation settings?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• James,

thanks for your reply. In my case Windows and SSMS languages are both german.

The settings I will post tomorrow when I am back at work.
  • Thanks James

I have this.

Windows Seven 32bits Spanish
    SSMS Spanish
    SQL + DB Collation Settings Modern_Spanish_CI_AS

I hope you can resolve this case
  • Thanks guys, I will update to call at this end, so we can hopefully take another look at it at some point.

I can't promise when this will be though I'm afraid, but we'll update this post to let you know if we put up a fix.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• I've got the latest version, downloaded just today, and I can can tell you that it seems to be fixed. At least it worked for me. And we have a few thousand DB objects to sift through.
  • Hi folks

I have this problem on the two machines I've testet it on so far. Even with the latest Version downloaded today.
    OS: Windows 7 64 Bit German / Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2, SQL Server 10.0.4 German

The same problem exists in SQL Prompt when double clicking invalid obects.

Could you fix this meanwhile?

Thanks
    Lutz
  • Hello.

sad, nothing happens here.
    But you fixed the problem with the newest version 5.1.8.2 of SQL Prompt! Pleease fix it in SQL Search as well and we're happy!

Lutz
    BluThing wrote:
    Hi folks

I have this problem on the two machines I've testet it on so far. Even with the latest Version downloaded today.
    OS: Windows 7 64 Bit German / Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2, SQL Server 10.0.4 German

The same problem exists in SQL Prompt when double clicking invalid obects.

Could you fix this meanwhile?

Thanks
    Lutz
  • I have the same issue on
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, 64bit
    with
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 10.50.1617.0
    and
    SQL Search 1.0.0.342
    With german localisation
  • I have the same Problem

Windows and SSMS languages are both german.

Thank you for fix