How to work with CSV exported results

When I export the results into CSV format, the content is not same as what is displayed in grid. I think it is throwing more function in CSV.

can someone explain the meaning of each column in CSV, for example what is CPU ticks and Wallclock ticks?

Thanks
-nilesh

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    You probably want to change the time to display in seconds or milliseconds rather than ticks. Ticks are measurements of time specific to the CPU as far as I know. If you go to "Milliseconds" on the "View" menu, the methods grid is shown as milliseconds and then you can export these results.

When you export, you are probably getting all methods in the file and not the "filtered" display you see on screen. By default you only see methods from your own source code. You can change the filter to "all methods" and the grid should match the CSV.

Wallclock is real time and CPU time is the amount of time the function actually spent running code and not waiting for IO or thread synchronization to complete.
  • Brian

Thanks for your reply.

You are right about second/milliseconds in view menu. It works fine on GUI however when we do the export some how Ants always export the results in one format. By format I mean the number of columns and unit value for the number, which is always in ms and ticks.

This is true for HTML or CSV export of Call Tree or Call Grid.

I do not see an option for sending an attachment in this forum, otherwise i would have sent the gui snapshot and csv/html file.

Thanks
    -nilesh
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    It seems to dump all possible formats. At least it's not leaving anything out. You can cut the columns you are not interested in when you load it into Excel.