Options

SQL Monitor install failed

massey0210massey0210 Posts: 2
edited August 2, 2011 5:06AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I just downloaded the trial version of SQL Monitor...I went thru the installation steps and did not receive an error throughout the process...then on the Summary page, I click and Finish and it starts for about 5 seconds and then boom, Install Failed...with no error msg, no detail of why it failed? What do I do?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Apologies for the error. Few questions:

1. Did you try to install both SQL Monitor web server and Base Monitor on the same machine?
    2. It is possible that one of the installation may have succeed whereas the other one failed. You can verify this by going to windows service console (services.msc from Run menu). Look for "SQL Monitor 2 Web service" and "SQL Monitor 2 Base Monitor" service. For both of these services, verify if they are running or not. If they are stopped then try to start them.
    3. If one of service is failing to start say "SQL Monitor 2 Base service" then try to just install this component again. You can get the installer for Base Monitor from web server install directory. The default location is C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 2\Web\WEBSITE\Download. If the web server has failing to start then you can run the main installer and then chose to install only web server.
    4. Ones you start the installation again, if it fails again then at the end, do not close the dialog at the end. Go to c:\ directory and you would see a folder with GUID name .. something like C:\{BFE6B0A7-BCAF-4BD9-84D6-69815F0DB18F}. Please copy the contents of the this folder and send it to support@red-gate.com. Also, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Monitor 2 or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Monitor 2 and if there are any log files here then send these too to support.

Please also refer to this forum post in your email.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software