Options

Error trying to sync from command link

Hi there

I can link and sync a particular database just fine in SSC2, but when I try to do the same from the command line, I get an error:

Command:
sqlcompare /scripts1:"C:\prog\temp-svn\BR\trunk" /database2:BR /sync
Error:
Registering data sources
Error: A duplicate definition was found for the user xxxxxx. Ensure that case sensitivity options are set correctly and all object creation
scripts are valid. If the problem persists, contact our support.

I have tried unlinked and relinking the datasource to no avail. I have tried to look for duplicate files in the repo creating that user, but could not find a culprit.

Can someone please help?

Many thanks in advance.
Ciaran

Comments

• Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Usually, that error would mean that it's finding duplicate definitions. A quick DOS command may help find possibles.... open up a command prompt, navigate to the folder (C:\prog\temp-svn\BR\trunk) then try the following:

findstr /S /C:"CREATE USER xxxxxxxx" *.*

Obviously replace the xxxxxxx with the username. See if that gives multiple matches.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    Hi James

Yep, I got 2x matches ! It seems that dir was a little corrupted. Fixed up now.

Many thanks for your help!

Usually, that error would mean that it's finding duplicate definitions. A quick DOS command may help find possibles.... open up a command prompt, navigate to the folder (C:\prog\temp-svn\BR\trunk) then try the following:

findstr /S /C:"CREATE USER xxxxxxxx" *.*

Obviously replace the xxxxxxx with the username. See if that gives multiple matches.