Redgate sql backup warnings...

krishnakkrishnak Posts: 4
edited June 27, 2011 11:14AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
most of backups got raised this warning.
Warning 210: Thread 0 warning:
(There is not enough space on the disk.)

But I check the disk space, its got enough space and I got few more backups sitting on same drive but those running fine without any warnings.
Even I check the redgate log file, Its showing samething like
27/06/2011 08:37:39: Thread 0 error:
Error 620: Error writing to backup file(s).
Process terminated unexpectedly. Error code: -2139684860 (An abort request is preventing anything except termination actions.)
27/06/2011 08:37:39: Warning 210: Thread 0 warning:
27/06/2011 08:37:39: SQL error 3013: SQL error 3013: BACKUP LOG is terminating abnormally.
27/06/2011 08:37:39: SQL error 3271: SQL error 3271: A nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file "SQLBACKUP_C4E70119-5081-41AB-BAF6-2328BA5DA9FC:" 995(error not found).
27/06/2011 08:37:39: SQL error 3202: SQL error 3202: Write on "SQLBACKUP_C4E70119-5081-41AB-BAF6-2328BA5DA9FC" failed: 1117(error not found)

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

What version of SQL Backup are you using?

I suspect that you are backing up directly to a network share and a network glitch or problem with the newtork share occurred.

Can you repeat the backup job? Is the job then successful or always fails backing up this one database?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • We have a similar situation that has been partially fixed in 6.5

We run a number of backups at the same time all writting to the same drive letter. If one fails because the disk space is full, we delete old backups after a successfull one, then the job will fail just like yours. 6.5 added a fix to delete the partial backup if the job fails because of sparse disk space. I then have to remove data from that drive before the backup will run successfully.

HTH

Chris
    English DBA living in CANADA
  • Thank you for your post into the forum.

I suspect that you are backing up directly to a network share and a network glitch or problem with the newtork share occurred.

Can you repeat the backup job? Is the job then successful or always fails backing up this one database?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Thanks for your reply, that server using sql 2005. and sql backup version is 6.5.1.9. If run the job manually its running fine but through the agent it's failling with that warning.

Thanks

Krishna
  • Thank you for your post into the forum.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Thanks for your reply, that server using sql 2005. and sql backup version is 6.5.1.9. If run the job manually its running fine but through the agent it's failling with that warning.

Thanks

Krishna