VS2010 + NetDeveloper Plugin = No ANTS Menu in IDE

LycaonLycaon Posts: 5
I've downloaded and installed the DotNetDeveloperBundle.exe on an x64 with Visual Studio 2010 Standard. There are no options to specifically install the Visual Studio addins and they are not appearing after installation. The IDEs are closed during install.

I've been told that I'd get best profiling results by running the profiler from the IDE, but this is a little impossible if the addins won't show up.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

First, I want to make sure you've posted to the right forum, because the current version of Mem Profiler is 7 so unless you downloaded the trial and had it sitting around for a year, you would be using that version.

If so, you will find the add-in installer as a separate option in the .NET developer bundle package. Installing the add-in inline with the product was discontinued due to technical problems. If you go to repair the bundle from Programs and Features, you should see the add-in as an option.
  • I did post to the correct forum for the download I found. Seems I somehow ran across an old download link.
  • I needed to do this also - had to uninstall then reinstall the Visual Studio Add On, worked fine.