Mark XAP released for WP7 using smartassembly.com?

cohowapcohowap Posts: 5
edited April 30, 2012 10:58AM in SmartAssembly
Hello,

Mark released works fine in the GUI, but when doing an automated build using smartassembly.com I'm getting the below error.

Obfuscuate:

[exec] SmartAssembly v6.1.0.48
[exec] Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2011
[exec] Loading project C:\BUILDROOT\MyApp\MyApp.saproj
[exec] Analyzing...
[exec] Preparing...
[exec] Creating Assembly...
[exec] OK
[exec] SmartAssembly v6.1.0.48
[exec] Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2011
[exec] Loading assembly C:\BUILDROOT\MyApp\Obfuscuated\MyApp.xap
[exec] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Windows\TEMP\963444a3-6261-4c46-a69c-3ee7b47d412a\AppManifest.xaml'.

BUILD FAILED

C:\BUILDROOT\myapp\myapp.build(71,6):
External Program Failed: C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SmartAssembly 6\smartassembly.com (return code was 1)

Here is the code I am using to mark released (NAnt script):

<exec program="smartassembly.com" basedir="${SmartAssembly.ExePath}">
<arg value="/build" />
<arg value="${Build.Root}\MyApp.saproj" />
</exec>

<exec program="smartassembly.com" basedir="${SmartAssembly.ExePath}">
<arg value="/markasreleased" />
<arg value="${Build.Root}\Obfuscuated\MyApp.xap" />
</exec>

It looks as if SA is unpacking the xap then doing something, but before it can, the temp dir is blown out.

Any ideas? Do I really need to markasreleased?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I would pin this issue down to the rights of the account running the automated build task rather than SmartAssembly. The way SA works with Silverlight is to extract the .XAP built by Visual Studio to the %TMP% folder, process the DLL(s) inside and re-zip the files back into a new .XAP file.

Looks to me as if the issue is that smartassembly.com can't find the extracted files in the temporary folder where they're supposed to be.

You can try running the build task as a different user (from the looks of it, you are using the SYSTEM account) or grant modify rights to the files in c:\windows\temp to whatever account runs the build.

Highly unlikely, but this could also be caused by some AV/security program so you may want to check that out, too.
  • Hi,

I know this is an old topic, but I have the same problem. Could you tell me if you found a solution to the problem?

Thanks!
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    No - sorry there was never any follow-up. I'm 99% sure this is nothing to do with SmartAssembly and is an environmental issue.