Upgrade to SQL Monitor 2.2 Failed

karlkawanokarlkawano Posts: 5
edited May 19, 2011 7:52AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,

I tried upgrading from 2.0 to 2.0 but ran into some issues. I first uninstalled SQL Monitor from Add/Remove programs. Then I started the 2.2 install. Everything was going well until this dialog popped up (Please see link)

http://screencast.com/t/IsWr3CsVF6

I am logged in with Windows Authentication as a Domain Admin (same with SQL Server repository - i.e. uses windows authentication).

After I canceled out of the install, I see files located in:

C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 2\Web\WEBSITE

as well as

C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 2\BaseMonitor

I figured I would go back to the Add/Remove programs and do an uninstall on the SQL Monitor 2 but there was no entry (I did reopen Add/Remove programs from scratch to insure the list was repopulated).

Other Notes: SQL Monitor 2.0 was working fine and did not run into any problems during the initial installation. Also, I have the entire SQL Toolbelt installed.

Thanks,

Karl

Comments

• I just noticed that my email alerts from Red-Gate are still working. However, web interface is not.
  • Hi Karl,

Apologies for the error.

Does the domain admin account which you are using during installation has the permission to install and run service using 'Network Service' account? SQL Monitor web server runs using 'Network Service' account. Also, are both Base Monitor and Web Server installed on the same machine?

Also, it sounds like your base monitor installation has succeed and only the web server is having issue. Could you confirm this please?

You can either go to
    - Add and Remove Programs and look for “SQL Monitor Base 2” and “SQL Monitor Web 2” (please verify the version number of install also) or
    - you can go to service console (services.msc from Run) and verify whether “SQL Monitor 2 Base” and “SQL Monitor 2 Web” service are up and running?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software