Options

Backup Restore Bundle Installation Issue

john2602john2602 Posts: 2
edited April 27, 2011 1:46PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
When attempting to install the BackupRestore Bundle on my server it fails because there is not enough space on c: drive. How can I install this product on d: drive.

I found one post indicating that I use the following: SQLBackup_6.4.0.56.exe d:\temp

This did not work and returned the same error as before. I can not address the space issue on the c: drive so I'm stuck with d:

Any advice and solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help

John

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

When you extract the files from the DBA Bundle download, along with the SQLDBABundle.exe (which includes SQL Backup and SQL Multi-script), there is the SQL Monitor Installer and the HyperBac Installers.

To install SQL Backup and / or SQL Multi-script, you run the SQLDBABundle.exe file. Follow the on-screen instructions, you will come to the "Customizing the installation folder" dialog where you can specify the install paths for each product.

If you already have SQL Backup or SQL Multi-script installed and you are using the SQLDBABundle to upgrade to the latest versions. You will not see the "Customizing the installation folder" dialog as you be using the existing install path.

Or is your problem, that you do not get to the point described above and there insufficient disk space for the installer to extract out the SQL Backup and SQL Multi-script msi files to the Windows Temp directory?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com